Monday, October 5, 2009

Austin City Limits (a.k.a Mud Pit)

This year's Austin City Limits Festival (ACL) had all the makings to go down in history as one of the best so far.  Lower temperatures, Pearl Jam as the headlining band, plus a ton more that had people running from stage to stage so as not to miss a single number.

Friday was perfect weather...80's and slightly overcast, fresh green grass to lay in, and lots of happy people.


Saturday had a great lineup of bands, but I woke up to rain, waited for the rain to stop before heading down to the park....and ended up waiting all day.  That's right, it poured all day and night.  I saw on the news that the park had turned into a mud bath, but I had no idea what I was in for on Sunday.

I bought a pair of tall rainboots anticipating the mud (probably the last pair in all of Austin).  The entire park was a mud pit...seriously, inches deep.  People were splashing, walking around barefoot, rolling in the mud, loosing their shoes and more.  It was pretty comical since I was protected by my wellies, but it was pretty gross nonetheless.  They covered the mud in hay to try to minimize the effect and that just made it smell like a barn.  All in all, the day turned out to be a blast partially due to the company I was with, partially due to the amazing music, and partially due to the endless people watching.

For you crafters out there, the people who had retail booths did an AMAZING job.  I can't imagine vending at that show, but there were some great products out there!

No comments: